Scholastic Education Launches Two New Series
Scholastic is a leader in education and teacher resource books in the US and UK. These books have won many awards internationally. In keeping with the tradition, Scholastic India has launched textbooks for the Indian classrooms. The books have been created by a panel of eminent authors, school and college teachers, and experienced children’s publishers, and vetted by school teachers and principals from different parts of India. The approach follows the current CBSE, ICSE and major state boards, curriculum and encourage learning through fun and practice. The English books especially aim to foster a love of literature and reading in children.
|The two new series launched this year are:|
Elementary English: A series of five English course books aimed at students learning English for the first time. Each level comprises course books, workbooks, audio CDs and teacher manuals. The audio CD can be used in class, at home for additional practice or in the language lab to focus on oral communication.
The World Around Us: A series of five environmental studies course books with teacher manuals.
|The other Scholastic Education series are as follows:|
|Essential English: A series of five English course books with teacher manuals
|Go Grammar: A series of five grammar course books
|Go Maths: A series of five maths textbooks along with five interactive audio-visual CDs with activities to reinforce learning and develop high order thinking skills. The CD also includes printable worksheets, picture glossary and a play time section to strengthen skills, concepts and problem-solving strategies through collaborative learning.
All these books are created with values which are integral to Scholastic internationally: a passion for excellence, an adherence to contemporary principles of childhood pedagogy, and the effort to make children love the process of learning.
Teacher’s reviews for Scholastic Education
- ‘Books are interesting, especially because the stories are short and easy to read’
- ‘Exercises are varied and cover a lot of topics’
- ‘Exercises focus on usage of English in our daily lives’
- ‘Excellent and easy-to-comprehend textual material’
- ‘Innovative activity-based course books’
- ‘Valuable learning tool for enhancing language proficiency’
- ‘Books will help students communicate correctly and effectively’
- ‘Excellent content, would enjoy teaching it’
The World Around Us
- ‘Books are child-centric and child-friendly’
- ‘Books will make the child conscious and aware of his environment’
- ‘Teacher’s manual provides elaborate support and innovative ideas’
- ‘Good mix of environment studies, science and social studies’
- ‘Detailed, comprehensive and interesting’
- ‘Covers all essential concepts and skills’
- ‘Variety of fun exercises’